Doing Business with 3Delta Systems
BNSF Railway Company – Transportation
- BNSF is headquartered in Fort Worth, TX and has 40,000 employees.
- Annual revenues exceed $13 Billion.
- BNSF is among the world's top transporters of intermodal traffic and moves more grain than any other American railroad.
- BNSF hauls enough low-sulphur coal to generate about ten percent of the electricity produced in the United States.
- Visit www.bnsf.com for more information.
- Required host-to-host, real-time credit card authorizations via the Internet
- Required ability to manage payment solution online
- Delivers quick and easy method of payment
- Guarantees payment to BNSF
BNSF is a subsidiary of Burlington Northern Santa Fe Corporation (NYSE:BNI) and operates one of the largest railroad networks in North America, with about 32,000 route miles in 28 states and two Canadian provinces.
BNSF is among the world's top transporters of intermodal traffic – a mode of rail transportation for the movement of trailers and containers. BNSF required a credit card solution to support its Intermodal Service customers who did not have a line of credit with the company. The segment represents about 20% of the total Intermodal business.
Further, BNSF offers Intermodal hubs where the train drops off the unit and a truck then picks-up, to continue transport. If the shipper needs to store the unit at BNSF’s hub, there is a storage fee that applies to the containers.
BNSF needed to implement a credit card solution to:
- Provide customers a quick & easy method of payment
- Guarantee payment to BNSF
Implementing 3DSI’s EC-Suite of services, automates the payment process and ensures BNSF is paid on-time by Intermodal Service customers who do not have established credit with the company.
“BNSF required a payment solution that would interface with its existing platforms. As BNSF is poised to expand other Service areas, we are confident that 3Delta Systems will continue to offer the payment solutions we need to support our railway operations.”
– Sam Phelps-Roper, Manager